Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:10:16 -0800
From:      "Graham North" <graham.north@telus.net>
To:        "matthew" <matthew@netway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP difficulties 4.8R

Mathew:

You must know your way around network cards!?  Unfortunately this one is
part of a docking station (which I would like to use) for the XPI, and you
are correct it is ep0.

I do have a second option in the form of a more recent linksys pcmcia card
which can be stuck into a side slot - but will have then have to look into
conflicts when docked.
You said:
> See if your router can set its interface to 10BaseT/UTP full duplex.
> do a download test.
> Change router to half duplex...
> download test.

I used this card for two years with Win98 through this router without
problem - if Windows can make the card work nicely then shouldn't there be
some similiar setting I can do for nic configuration in FBSD?

Clearly I am still low on the learning curve, now I have to look up what
mediaopt is..?

>You cannot use the
> the mediaopt option with ifconfig. no one bothered to code it
> into the driver. unlike xl0...

Thanks again for your help.  Tomorrow, after work...
Cheers,  g/