Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:20:51 +1100 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dup alloc panic

>As Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
>>  With that in mind; I can say that I've only machines that
>> have experienced this problem are 386s.  I don't have the where-with-all
>> to put together a 486/586 that I can trash in this manner.
>>
>>  Also, this doesn't seem to jive with Joerg's similar problem when
>> newfs's MFS file systems. [Joerg - was that even a 386 machine?]
>
>Yes, my scratch machine is a 386 one.  I can't remember i have
>observed it somewhere else.

I'm coming in on this thread a bit late, I hope the subject line is
still valid.  I've had a dup alloc panic recently, with a RELENG_2_2
kernel dating from a couple of weeks ago (Pentium, SCSI disk on an NCR
controller).  It happened while re-populating a disk after doing a newfs.
I ended up doing the newfs again (fsck had too much trouble), and
repopulating (but in a different order).  It's been OK since.

David