Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:46:09 -0800
From:      Ryan Shannon <rshannon@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: seg fault / bus error - core dump

Thanks for the tip.

Thinking that it may be the memory, I installed memtest from the ports
collection and as root ran

memtest all -l

which immediately seg faulted.  I've got 384 Megs of RAM, so I ran

memtest 384M -l

which worked perfectly and didn't dtetct any errors.  What's the difference
between these two commands, and why would one seg fault and not the other?

Thanks,

Ryan