Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:46:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   My QUESTION about ISDN ta's.

I am looking into a digital line that with compression can receive
512kbps.  It is a dedicated connection so I would need a good terminal
adaptor.  I have 2 or 3 questions to ask.

1.  128kbps, using both B channels, with 4:1 compression would give
    512kbps.  How would I go about actually using both B channels?  I was
    told that this was a very hard procedure to do, unless you had an ISDN
    Router (plus terminal adaptor combined).  Is this true?  If so, how
    hard. What do you actually have to do?  Do you use a program like
    "ppp" to start the actual connection?  What?  If you know a good place
    I can find ISDN answers for FreeBSD, please point me towards the URL.

2.  Is anybody currently using an ISDN Terminal Adaptor and would
    recommend there adaptor to me?  Like I mentioned above, if it is very
    hard to use both B channels, does anyone have an ISDN Router (and
    terminal adaptor combined) they would recommend for ease, stability,
    and speed?

				-- Brandon