Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:58:16 -0500
From:      User1001 <supraexpress@globaleyes.net>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loss of DV camera via firewire

Somewhere between recent FBSD-6.2 OS & kernel updates, ports updates, HAL
updates/installations - I have lost connectivity to a miniDV camera that I was
able to access and download a DV stream from, back on June 29, 2007.

fwcontrol shows two "nodes" when the DV camera is turned on, but "fwcontrol -R"
fails to receive any DV data from the camera when it is in playback mode.

gdvrecv is unable to "locate" the camera, whereas before it did.

Reinstalls of gdvrecv and python2.4 have not made any difference. Ktrace is
unable to show anything useful. Making changes suggested in fwcontrol MANual
page (following) made no difference.

	sysctl hw.firewire.try_bmr=0
	fwcontrol -r

The firewire card is the IOGEAR GUF320.