Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:48:25 -0700
From:      YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Adriel Torres <ladr.torres@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Revisit of older discussion on Intel em0 timeouts etc.

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 11:21:50AM -0500, Adriel Torres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list and have been reading on the "tcp bug" and "bge
> discussions" and wanted to share what I was experiencing with a 8.2 FreeBSD
> DNS Server I had recently deployed.  Basically, with an em0 interface, link
> states would show changes from up to down constantly under very little or no
> load.
>
> After a while, I switched the interface to a dc0-based interface, and for a
> while it was fine, then the link states would start to change again.  The

Would you give me more information on dc(4) link state changes?
Can you see abnormal kernel message for dc(4)?
I think I fixed a couple of dc(4) issues as well as bus_dma(9) bugs
and I don't know how the link state change can happen under load
unless it encountered watchdog timeouts or TX underun. It would be
even better if you can try latest dc(4) in stable/8 on 8.2-RELEASE.