Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:28:09 -0500
From:      Kelly Hendrix <kelly@slackwit.com>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error on xl0

Hello Anthony,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 02:26:58PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I've copied the configuration to my own configuration file, so that's
> not a problem, presumably.  The thing is, now I've changed one of the
> source files to redefine an internal parameter ... so how do I keep
> that change to that particular source file (/sys/pci/if_xlreg.h), and
> also make sure that it doesn't interfere with the standard source?

To see the difference between two files, use diff.  See the man page for
diff for the gory details.  You might also want to keep two sets of
sources around: yours and the main source tree.  Start with the man page
for CVS , and then I suggest this site for further reading:

	http://www.cvshome.org/

Of course, the handbook also has a section on keeping your sources up to
date.

Personally, I use cvsup to keep track of my sources.  Then again, the
only files I'm modifying are the kernel configs.

Kelly Hendrix