Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:34:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Noah Garrett Wallach <sleek@enabled.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7-STABLE kernel build

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:

> Hi,
>

> okay I just built a 4.7-STABLE kernel.  but I am not able to boot when
> using the GENERIC config file.  I am kinda new at troubleshooting this
> type of stuff so a clue is welcome.
>
> after installation and reboot
>
> I only get so far - to the following line:
>
> amr0: <AMI MegaRAID> mem 0xf0000000-0xf7ffffff irq 3 at device 0.0 on pci4

okay I removed the MegaRAID support from the kernel configuration file and
rebuilt the kernel.  things work fine now.  but I am wondering why there
is still a hang on kernel boot for when the RAID card is defined.

commented:

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
#device         asr             # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI
RAID
#device         dpt             # DPT Smartcache - See LINT for options!
#device          iir             # Intel Integrated RAID
#device         mly             # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
#device         ciss            # Compaq SmartRAID 5* series

# RAID controllers
#device         aac             # Adaptec FSA RAID, Dell PERC2/PERC3
#device         aacp            # SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
#device         ida             # Compaq Smart RAID
#device         amr             # AMI MegaRAID
#device         mlx             # Mylex DAC960 family
#device         twe             # 3ware Escalade