Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:02:27 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "'Rick Hamell'" <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, "'Brian Alberding'" <computerrepairman2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: How can I get into a Graphic  userinterface?

You'll need to make sure you've installed the XFree86 package/port
before trying to run startx. Once installed, you'll also need to
configure it for your particular video adapter and monitor. Once all
is installed and configured, THEN you can run startx. If you hit a
snag in the process and need to search the archive of the mailing
lists, check out
http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists
Good Luck!
-Otter
p.s. it wouldn't hurt to see if you have any BSD or Linux user groups
in your area. Finding others who are familiar with it is always a Good
Thing.