Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:22:52 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/sys/cam/scsi...

John Hay wrote:

> > > Don't do that.  Includes are installed by `install -C', so most of them
> > > should be very old.
> >
> > Huh!!?? Why does it work, then?
>
> Because you did a make installworld (or something to that effect) just
> after that? (Or at least before you needed one of the includes that you
> have deleted.)
>
> What I do once in a while to get rid of old stuff is something like this:
>
> cd /usr/src
> make world
> mv /usr/include /usr/include.old
> mv /usr/share /usr/share.old
> make -m share/mk installworld
> rm -rf /usr/include.old /usr/share.old
>
> This will give me a clean /usr/include and /usr/share. Then for the rest
> of the directories (/bin /sbin /lkm /usr/{bin,sbin,libdata,libexec,lib})
> I just look for the old ones and remove them with find.

	You can take care of /usr/include by doing 'make -DCLOBBER world'. I've
long thought it would be nice to have similar targets for other
directories, especially /usr/lib and the various binary directories. Of
course it's easy to do with find, although I'd prefer to avoid the extra
step.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!