Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:49:19 +0200
From:      Volker Kindermann <ml@ps102.de>
To:        Rob <europax@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: warning messages from root mount until login, also my rc.conf file

Hi Rob,

> I can actually get even more warning messages if I delay logging in.
> For example, sendmail claims it can't find a socket and  comes back with
> a multitude of warnings.  In this particular case, just wanted to show a
> few examples.

could it be that /etc/defaults/rc.conf is broken, i.e. has wrong line-brakes? Did you edit it with a Windows-PC? If yes, please check if the file is still ascii (for example, if Ctrl+G in vi shows [dos] then you have the culprit).

Besides of that: did you change the kernel? Do the same warnings appear with GENERIC?

 -volker