Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:20:30 -0700
From:      "Dave Woods" <kudos@telusplanet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sambe dropping Connections

This is an interesting discovery we made:

What we had is a FreeBSD 3.4 server with one file share that an NT server
scanned for new files. When we upgraded to FreeBSD 4.0 the scanning software
started failing every two hours (yes it was poorly written software). We
thought we had misconfigured the new drive but then downgraded it to 3.4 and
everything works fine again. I am assuming that this has something to do
with the difference between FreeBSD 3.4 and 4.0's TCP stack. Hope this helps
out someone who might run into the same problem. I am doubting it is
possible to keep the TCP of 3.4 while running 4.0 so this seems to be the
only solution to the problem. Very strange. Hope this helps someone out.

Woods