Date:      Mon, 9 May 2005 11:38:17 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Asus V6V in acpi_asus(4)

On 2005-05-09 11:16:16 (+0200), Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jspedron@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Philip Paeps wrote:
> > On 2005-05-05 22:31:15 (+0200), Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jspedron@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> > > Especially, the method to get the display state (.disp_get): at boot
> > > time, hw.acpi.asus.video_output contains out-of-range values, but after
> > > setting it to an acceptable value, it reports the last set number.
> >
> > Would be interesting to know how out of range these values are and where
> > they come from.  Are the values also out of range when you load acpi_asus
> > as a module after booting?
>
> I always get "257" when the module is loaded at boot time
> (acpi_asus_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf). I've just tested with a module
> loaded only after the system has booted, it's "257" too. I remember I had
> "758" once but perhaps with another ACPI method.

Could it be that the method you're using for disp_get is just wrong?  We only
evaluate that on load, after that, we keep track of the value in the softc
s_disp.

Is your asl online somewhere?  What does the \\_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA.GETD method
return?  Maybe that value needs to be massaged in some way...

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                     Calm down ... it is only ones and zeros
philip@freebsd.org

  90% of everything is crud.