Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:11:31 -0500
From:      anarcat <anarcat@tao.ca>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   [feedback on fix] kern/22208: vr0: MII without any phy! problem when coming back from Windows

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Hi.

[I don't know if this belongs to current, but please be nice and fwd
this to the proper entity if needs be. Please also keep me as Cc: ]

I stumbled on this quite old pr today, looking for a fix for my problem
(see subject).

I can confirm that the fix works here. Just tested it on -stable
(4.3-RC4). Just applying the patch, config && make depend && make &&
make install && reboot.

I can also say that a few persons have suffered this behavior, having
looked through the mailing list archives, seeing only unanswered
questions.

However, I witness a workaround for the bug, I think. I turned of my
machine using "shutdown" in windows instead of rebooting when switching
to fbsd. And the card was detected automagically. :)

So if this could be commited and MFC'd this would be nice. :) It works.

Thanks,

A.

>Audit-Trail:
Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->wpaul=20
Responsible-Changed-By: johan=20
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Oct 22 11:07:25 PDT 2000=20
Responsible-Changed-Why: =20
Over to vr maintainer.=20

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D22208=20

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4