Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:05:38 HST
From:      osp@aloha.com
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>, osp@aloha.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot connect to Samba share

> Hi--
>
> On Apr 26, 2010, at 4:41 PM, osp@aloha.com wrote:
> > Any suggestions on how to collect more data to help pinpoint the cause of
> > failure would be appreciated. What am I looking for? Perhaps someone
> > already knows how to fix this? All suggestions welcome.
>
> The obvious starting point would be to examine the Samba logs-- probably
under
/var/log/samba-- and compare the successful and unsuccessful connection
attempts.

Thanks.

I have no such directory. /usr/local/etc/samba contains passwd.tdb and
secrets.tdb. smb.conf is in /usr/local/etc. This is a straight install from
ports. I do recall seeing liog files for smbd and nmbd in the past, but
never on this box. That does seem strange.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate
Project