Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:15:19 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update - new hal flag to force a full chip reset

2011/11/6 Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>:

>> Good luck, and thanks to everyone who has been testing my code out!
> =A0Do you need any help? Maybe, running AP with additional debug output,
> or something like this?

Just dump the NF calibration results (sysctl dev.ath.X.hal.debug=3D0x8)
and crank it up to say, 2 to 5 seconds (sysctl hw.ath.longcal=3D5).
Let's see what the NF results are like.

I have a nasty feeling that the AR9280 series NICs report some rather
high NF values. The values themselves aren't actually raw NF dBm,
they're just a dB value - but the fact that it's so high is likely a
symptom of the overall problem (which is likely that the signal levels
are all configured wrong when faced with interference.)

Adrian