Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:42:27 -0800
From:      gnn@freebsd.org
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Announcing the packet debugger (and PCS 0.4) and a FreeBSD Networking Blog

Hi,

These should (I hope) be in ports soon but I also wanted to announce
them here.  I've now updated PCS, the Packet Construction Set, to 0.4
Beta.  The changes etc. are in the changelog with the release at
http://pcs.sf.net.

I have also written something I think all the network folks will like
called the Packet Debugger.  http://pktdbg.sf.net/

The Packet Debugger (pdb) is a program which allows people to work
with packet streams as if they were working with a source code
debugger. Users can list, inspect, modify, and retransmit any packet
from captured files as well as work with live packet capture.

There is a 12 page manual that accompanies the the debugger.

Finally, I have set up a Networking blog at:

http://blogs.freebsdish.org/gnn/

Where I'll be posting stuff about my work with IPv6, IPsec, virtual
machines and other kernel and networking stuff.

Best,
George

PS The port for PCS is net/pcs and my proposed port for pdb is
net/pktdbg