Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 01:26:49 -0700
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>, "Vanilla I. Shu" <vanilla@FreeBSD.org>, sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: USE_GTK and USE_GNOME

Hi all,

Within the next week (before the tree is completely changed) I would
like to get my USE_GTK and USE_GNOME patches into place (see
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~reg/).  I'm currently finnishing up test
builds (of all 300+ ports), and I'm going to start committing some
changes during the week.

I'm hoping to get Satoshi to commit the bsd.port.mk changes on Tuesday
or Wednesday (waiting for Ade's comments), and then there'll be a bunch
of mega-commits for various types of support.

My request is that, if at all possible you don't make changes to any GTK
or Gnome ports over the next week.  At the rate that the ports change,
I've generally been having to merge and retest 4 ports a day...  When
you have 368 patched ports in your tree, this is a time comsumming task.
People can live without a minor upgrade for a week.

The first round of patches, hopefully starting tommorrow will be
whitespace changes and PLIST sorting, to make the task to checking
patches easier.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/