Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:10:18 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 CD, crypto and SSH

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
>
> > OK, the answer is ports/security/librsaintl.
>
> ...as documented in the handbook (although I just checked and it doesn't
> mention the port, only the package)

Precisely. In 8.8.2 it diverts you away from the simple solution,
i.e. "cd /usr/ports/security/librsaintl && make install", to
appendix A of all places.

Als the description in 8.8.4 is appropriately cryptic <g>. What does
"but international users should use this version because the RSA
implementation is faster" actually say? Especially the useage of
'the' is unclear. If it said 'this' it would be clear, then it says
that non-US should this, i.e. the int. version, because it is
faster and more flexible. Instead it tells you to use 'the RSA'
implementation. Which would be the RSA reference implementation.

If using 'this' twice in a sentence then there's always 'its' as
a good runner up.

Then again, I'm probably one of but a few who gets thrown of the
scent by these semantic, ehm, niceties <g>.

Roelof