Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:34:52 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP compaq nc6230 lockup on resume.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
 > On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:55 PM, John Baldwin wrote:
 > >
 > > Yes, I haven't gotten bge to resume yet.  I've tried resuming
 > > brgphy, etc. but
 > > still no dice.  For video, use acpi_video and try forcing the lcd on
 > > in /etc/rc.resume via hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1.
 >
 > just add
 >
 >       sysctl -w hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1
 >
 > to the bottom of /etc/rc.resume I presume.

Well, before the 'exit 0' anyway :)

Something else you should try is setting
  hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
before suspending, and if it helps, add it to /etc/sysctl.conf

This is needed for my old Compaq Armada 1500c, and at 6.1 was needed for
my Thinkpad T23 to resume screen (however at 7.0, just installed, it
doesn't seem to be needed on the T23, though I haven't configured X yet)

cheers, Ian