Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:42:08 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache won't compile (mod_ssl)

Having just upgraded to 4.3 release I figured I'd bring a few other
things up to date too, including apache with mod_ssl, I've run cvsup to
get a nice shiny new ports collection but that's where my success ends.

If I run `make` I get told that
   make: cannot open Makefile
   *** Error code 2

or if I try `pkg_add` I get informed that
   tar: +CONTENTS cannot be found in header
   pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file `+CONTENTS' - not a
   package?

Now I can see both the Makefile and +CONTENTS, I've tried downloading a
fresh just in case something went wrong then but I'm still getting these
errors.

Any ideas?

TIA
Kevin