Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 12:52:41 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, Noah@oopz.com
Subject:   Re: Sendmail vacation

Noah Davidson wrote:

> I have built sendmail 8.12 and I am configuring it to be our main mail
> server for about 5000 or so users.  The only problem is that the
> .vacation files do not seam to work.  How can I get this feature
> working, or could someone point me in the direction to get this working.

Sendmail-8.12.1 from the ports:

1) add in your hots.mc for security
FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl

2) create a executable shell script
/usr/local/libexec/sm.bin/vacation:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/vacation -m vacation.txt -r 1 "$@"

3) The user can now create their files
~user/.forward:
user,second-user,"|vacation user"

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany