Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:10:14 -0700
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jeff@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "guilherme komel" <guilherme@supero.com.br>
Subject:   Re: Tomcat + Apache + JDK

If you just want to play around with Tomcat, I don't believe you need
to use apache at all.  The last time I used tomcat was over a year
ago, but back then you had the option to use tomcat standalone.  In
standalone it isn't integrated with apache at all; it listens on port
8080 (so if apache is present there are no conflits) and it parses jsp
code just like it should.  The tomcat docs went on to warn that
runnning tomcat standalone wasn't for production sites, but it doesn't
sound like your building for the banks.