Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:58:20 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Servers on bigpond adsl

Hi all,

I am looking at running a test server on my home ADSL link through Telstra
Bigpond. I believe they use a port scanner to detect and kick us if we do it
?/

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to over come it ?? I am only using it
to test some websites and get feedback from people before dropping the
webserver off to the local Primary School (is easier to make changes and
work on it local rather than through their 56K modem) in both locations they
are only handling redirections from a main server/ firewall machine, so no
worries about swapping from PPPoE back to PPP

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731