Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcelo Carvalho <marcelomcarvalho@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Failing in compiling a copy of GENERIC kernel

Hi,

        Last week I've updated my system to the latest
version of FreeBSD-Stable. I have now FreeBSD 4.4-RC
for fyi. I've followed all the steps in the handbook
and I could have my system up and running smoothly.

        However, I've decided to create a new config
file to install my own kernel. The *only*
modifications I did, for the moment, were to comment
the lines

        cpu "I386_CPU"
        cpu "I486_CPU"
        cpu "I586_CPU"

and change the line "ident GENERIC" to "ident
MYKERNEL". That's it.

        After issuing the command "make" I got the
following
message:

make: don't know how to make
/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../netinet/mlfk_ipl.c.
Stop

Question: How come can this happen if they're supposed
to be the same? Is there anything to do with the
mergemaster command that I've used during the previous
installation of the new system? Is it running
properly? Please, let me know what to do as soon as
possible. Maybe this is an indication of a bug
somewhere...

Thanks,
Marcelo.