Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:13:51 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A Quick Reference Guide

Damien Tougas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been toying with the idea of writing a quick reference quide for
> FreeBSD, something that people could have on thier desk for easy command
> reference. It would be designed to show how to do specific, common
> tasks, without going into great depth (letting that be the job of books
> and man pages). This would probably not be of much use for seasoned
> experts (at least initially), but might be a good resource for someone
> who is new to the OS (perhaps newbies, and others more experienced who
> are crossing over from other OSs).
>
> Anyways, I have began putting some thoughts onto paper, and thought
> people might like to take a look before I get too far. A VERY
> preliminary starting point can be seen by downloading
> http://www.tougas.net/QuickRef.pdf
>
> I would be interested in hearing peoples ideas on the subject, and if
> there are any requests as to what you might like to see included. Some
> things that I thought about including are (in addition to basic
> commands), reference pages for stuff like vi, subnet calculations, and a
> page with helpful tips and tricks.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Damien Tougas

Looks great so far.
If this thing keeps growing to cover a big part of all commands
available, I know I will keep it handy. I've been doing fbsd daily for
5 years but it still happens that I go to man pages to find a certain
flag or argument to commands I dont use regularly. A quick reference
like this would be awesome.