Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:50:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does it's true?

On 27-Jun-98 Wes Peters wrote:
> My hidden microphone recorded Malte Lance (malte@webmore.com) saying:
>
> % In the end in both cases the effect is human life being ended by some
> % action of human beings. I don't think anyone has the right to forcibly end
> % human life except its own. Doing so makes them act on the same low level.
> % And at least it does not help much.
>
> I'm sure Saddam Hussein will note your sentiments.  Expect an invasion this
> afternoon.

I'm sure all the people executed by fault, their wifes, children,
sisters and brothers, mother and father share your thoughts regarding
execution.

Execution is not needed and does not help !
Additionally it is part of a law-system where errors are known to
happen. How are YOU going to excuse an execution by fault to his/her
wife/husband, mother, father, children, sister, brother ???
Maybe ... "OOOoops ... sorry for that one. It was an error. Next
time we'll do better."

There are situations where killing is the only way to safe your own
life (self-defence). And then again this should not end in self-defence-
excess.

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>