Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:52:41 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <jimu@hcsmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Lab Machines Hardware Compatability

You'll get better support by using 4.2 or waiting until 4.3 comes out
(scheduled for april 15).

> Motherboard - Asus CUSL2-C with Pentium III 1.0 Ghz
>
> Hardrive - IBM 75 GXP or 60 GXP series ATA/100 drives (Are
> there any UDMA
> issues here?)
>
> Sound Card - Sound Blaster PCI 64 (Already have this card)
> (Would a sound
> blaster PCI 16 work better?)
>
> Network - 3Com 905b-TX (I know this card will work)
>
> Keyboard - Standard Generic 104 keyboard
>
> Mouse - Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (Using only the PS/2 port. Not
> worried about bundled software, just hardware)

Don't expect operation in XFree86 if your Logitech is an OEM model
(unless things have changed in the last year). If your logo on the
mouse is black and white instead of color, you have my condolences. If
it is color, you should be ok.
-Otter