Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:53:39 -0700
From:      "Corey Snow" <corey@snowpoint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make a headless box

I've got a 486 DX2/66 that I've managed to get bridging with ipfw
between my DSL and LAN. Since I have a bunch of systems and not much
room on the KVM switch, and this is effectively an appliance once
it's tuned properly, I'd like to make it headless- remove the video
and keyboard entirely, making it accessible via ssh or nullmodem only.

It currently has an old VESA VGA card in it. Ideally, I'd like to
make the configuration changes, shut down the system, take out the
card, and start it back up again in headless mode.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Corey Snow