Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:19:48 -0400
From:      "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Best way to install on Dozens of boxes?

If I want to install FBSD 4.5 on dozens of identical boxes, what is the best
way?

I don't want to take the disks out and dup/mirror them, not dozens of them.

The hardware supports pxe and I had half a hope that I could set up a master
system with bootpd, let each target system boot by itself and load its own
image.

This would be to a 'virgin' hd, with no slice or partitions yet.

What about a master boot cd rom?
What about setting up and alternate ftp source and 'release' image? one that
we managed and controlled?

--
Michael Scheidell
SECNAP Network Security, LLC