Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:17:45 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality <cjc26@cornell.edu>
Cc:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: poor ethernet performance?

At 01:09 PM 7/21/99 -0400, a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Brett Glass wrote:
>
>| This is occurring despite a smaller development group, a
>| project leader with a reputation for abrasiveness (though I
>| personally like him),
>
>Somehow, I'm not surprised. <g>

I don't mind people who, like Theo, are feisty and independent.
Remember, I'm from Wyoming, where lots of people are that way.
(Alberta is the "wild west" of Canada, so the folks there also have
a "pioneer" attitude.) As I've said to several people in the
FreeBSD community (most recently, Mike Smith), disagreeing is OK.
People should be able to get along even if they don't agree on
everything. This sort of tolerance is common in frontier cultures
such as Wyoming. You respect your neighbor, even if he's a little
weird or has different ideas than you, because he may be the one
who saves your life during the next snowstorm, drought, or
what-have-you.

--Brett Glass