Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:27:58 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Problems -- The next chapter *grin*

(Posting to two lists is always wrong.)

As Developer wrote:

> After not being able to get the user ppp software to work I decided to
> give up and try pppd instead. After configuring correctly pppd works fine
> (Just use kermit to dial and then run it)??
>
> I wonder what is different between ppp and pppd that would cause the
> problem?

They are completely different implementations.

Just telling ``it doesn't work'' is not going to get you much help.
The least you should do is trying to circle the problem by examining
the logs.  Both, ppp and pppd can write much better logs than i've
seen from many commercial PPP implementations, e.g. employed in ISDN
routers.  It's just that you need to turn logging on if you've got a
problem.

--
cheers, J"org