Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:39:39 +0530
From:      "Ravi.C" <ravindran.chandra@wipro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding pthread_mutex_init

Hi,
    We are calling pthread_mutex_init() function while writing gigabit
ethernet device driver in FreeBSD 4.3. We are facing the following
problem :

Problem 1 :
    While doing make, In file  /usr/src/include/pthread.h sched.h  is
not found.

    I figured out this file(sched.h) present in /usr/include/posix4 dir
and copied the directory posix4 under /usr/src/include/posix4 and
changed sched.h to posix4/sched.h.

    Then the make error went off.

Problem 2: After doing the above dirty fix, when we try to load the
driver using kldload, I am getting the following error :

link_elf : symbol pthread_mutex_init undefined.

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi.C