Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:27:13 +0200
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        bf1783@gmail.com
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mailman problem

On 24 Apr 2011, at 19:02, b. f. wrote:

[cut]
> With (1) and (2), if I attempt to follow the link on
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/community/mailinglists.html
>=20
>=20
> http://lists.FreeBSD.org/mailman/listinfo ,
>=20
> the request fails with the error message:
>=20
> "FreeBSD.org - Document not found
>=20
> The file
>=20
> http://realcgi.sky.freebsd.org
[...]
> If instead I attempt to go directly to (note the difference in case:
> FreeBSD --> freebsd):
[...]

Ah, the problem must be that the matching is case sensitive, I can =
reproduce with with curl.

I guess many modern browsers simply make the hostname lowercase in the =
request, and that's why I haven't noticed the problem before.

realcgi.sky.freebsd.org is, AFAIR, the fallback backend the varnish =
proxy goes to if it does not matches another hostname.

Thanks!

I will try and get it fixed later today.

--=20
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team