Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:03:26 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        "Timothy M. Hughes" <tim@usgcc.odu.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RealTek RTL 8129 PCI Fast Ethernet Card

On Tue, Mar 17, 1998 at 08:04:15AM -0500, Timothy M. Hughes wrote:
> Has anyone got one of these things to work yet??  I mailed
> questions@freebsd.org and got a response that it was "probably" a
> proprietary driver.  If you have a driver or have gotten it to work,
> please email me directly (I dont subscibe).

RealTek is fairly good at supporting free OSes (even sometimes writing
drivers themselves).

I don't think you should have a problem getting info from them, but it
is probably correct that it is a properitary chip (probably with an
almost complete clone of the interface of a popular chipset, so making
drivers work should be easy).

Eivind.