Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:55:48 -0500
From:      "Predius" <predius@netzero.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Toshiba 2105 CDS Laptop

I'm having a hell of a time installing FreeBSD on my Toshiba 2105CDS laptop.
At one time I had FreeBSD 4.0 on it for a very brief period, and immediatly
dumped it as my pcmcia nic and onboard sound were not supported.  I seem to
recall 4.1 would boot and install, but still no luck with sound/nic so I
dumped it also.  I'm trying to install a later build but I can't get FreeBSD
to boot from the floppies, any version available.  It either complains about
not being able to load an ACPI file, or locks hard at different points
booting the kernel.  I know older builds of FreeBSD will boot on this
laptop, but anything before 4.1.1 isn't on ftp.freebsd.org leaving me stuck.
Suggestions?

Joshua Coombs