Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:30:57 -0400
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing a name server at INTERNIC

Dan Langille wrote:

> Network Solutions (Internic) won't let me change the name of
> ns.freebsddiary.cx to ns1.unixatjome.org because ns1.unixathome.org
> is not registered.  I try to register ns1.unixathome.org but it says
> 203.79.82.27 is already registered.  And an IP address is required so I
> can't leave that field blank.  Seems like a catch-22 to me.
>
> It looks like I must first delete ns.freebsddiary.cx then register
> ns1.unixathome.org.
>
> Sounds dodgy to me.
>
> Yet another lovely step in my NSI saga.
>
> Any clues?

Move your domain to any OpenSRS based registrar. This has
two benefits:
- web-based updates to your domain registrations
- punish NSI for ripping you off

and one drawback:
- you need to purchase an additional one year of
  registration (~$12.50)

Moving usually only takes a couple of days.

I usually pay in e-gold and use http://domains.jhcloos.net/ .
Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Jeroen

PS. I'm somewhat related to both e-gold and Mr. Cloos.