Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:22:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   smbfs install option

I got a smbfs install option working a while ago before drivers.flp came around, but there was no
space on the floppies.  Since drivers.flp came out I have not had time to get it going again.

This patch is NOT up to date though.  I was wondering how I should go about making this usable,
and which files should be on boot.flp, mfsroot.flp, drivers.flp, or somewhere else.  Should this
go into 5.0R, or make it into HEAD after RELENG_5 branches, or should this be applied to something
other than sysinstall?  Or should we not have a smbfs install option?

The diff to GENERIC is NOT implying I think GENERIC should be modifed.  I did that just to have
those things added to GENERIC so they would make it onto BOOTMFS.

http://pigseye.kennesaw.edu/~dyeske/freebsd/smbfs_current.patch

http://pigseye.kennesaw.edu/~dyeske/freebsd/smbfs.c

Also I modified nfs.c to make smbfs.c

Regards,