Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:09:47 +0100
From:      "Kevin Kyeong-il CHOI" <kevin.choi@cnes.fr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How can I make my IDE CD-ROM work ?

Hello there,
I have a FreeBSD v2.1 bought from Walnut Creek CDROM.
I installed this on my machine which has a Goldstar IDE type CD-ROM.
Well,
The curious thing is that I am capable to detect the CDROM
from the FreeBSD boot diskette and install whatever I want, but
once the system is installed and restart the machine,
the CD-Rom will never be available for the system.

I'm coming to see the support IDE for the IDE cdrom is yet alpha version,
but how do you explain this phenomene and
what is the solution to have my CD-ROM back so that I can add some more
packages whenever I want ?

Thank you very much for your attention and for your rapid answer as well
!!!!! :)

Kevin Kyeong-il CHOI

     ~'/    (o\)
          ^