Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:28:04 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Email Configuration

Quoting Zaki Hassan Qureshi <zhqureshi@usa.net>:
 [000915 18:36]:
#>Dear Sir/Madam
#>
#>Please help me in configuring email on freebsd unix, I am using sendmail and
#>qpopper, and can u please send me all the configuration required for email
#>server based on freebsd and whats required on the client end, I am able to
#>send email through telnet which is received through outlook express but i am
#>facing problem in sending email through the outlook express, please send me
#>the necessary details as soon as possible

Set the SMTP server in your outlook Express to the name of your FreeBSD
server, or even the IP address.

Qpopper requires no config, only run from inetd.conf with -Sr
pop3    stream  tcp     nowait.120      root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd \
/usr/local/libexec/popper       popper -sR

Sendmail ( I do not use it - I use Exim) look at /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
and refer to www.sendmail.org

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??! -W. C. Fields