Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 22:37:53 -0700
From:      tom6001@ix.netcom.com (Thomas James)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD  version 2.0 vs version 2.1

I am very interested in obtaining FreeBSD as an alternative to the
Windows/DOS (in)operating system I am currently using. Obviously, the
CD-ROM from Walnut Creek CD-ROM is the most practical method for
obtaining this release. It is my understanding, however, that FreeBSD
version 2.1 will be available in June. What is unclear to me is if it
will be generally available on CD-ROM that soon. I am undecided about
purchasing the current version, installing and configuring it, and then
trying to upgrade it next month, or just waiting for the next release.

Would you be so kind as to advise if version 2.1 will be available as
an upgrade to version 2.0, or if I will have to purchase the full OS as
new. Also, I would like an updated (projected) release date for version
2.1, if available. I have your catalog, and have scanned the FAQ's, but
found little concerning the next release, although it's a sure bet to
be out before Windows 95 (or 96,...97,...).

Your assistance is, as always, most appreciated.

Thomas James