Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:15:40 -0000
From:      "Matt Boyce" <ostone_com@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using Natd

I have followed all the directions I could find to use natd to create a
gateway for a private network, but something still isn't right.

When last I logged on my FreeBSD box I could ping and rlogin anyone on the
internet; I could also ping the one computer I have networked (others will
follow once it's working).  Last, but not least, the other computer could
ping the FreeBSD box.

So all is well up until the very last ping... the internet from the non-BSD
computer (i.e. WINDO$E).

On the non-BSD computer I have set the DNS server to the ip my ISP gave me
and my gateway to the internal ethernet card on the FreeBSD box.  So, it
seems as if the problem is it cannot find a route out of my FreeBSD box

on the BSD computer... wait booting... the rc.conf file looks like this...

ifconfig_sis0="DHCP"
ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"
firewall_logging="YES"