Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:56:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

> > Linux DOSEMU.  Other VM86().
>
> This is going to be solved by adding general NetBSD user binary
> emulation?  Helloooooo Terry!! :)

Why would "general NetBSD user binary emulation" require any kernel
options at all?

We were talking about "things that require a 'NETBSD_COMPAT' flag".

Since you mentioned AFS as a potential example (AFS would require
inverting the name lookup cookie mechanism used iby NFS), alternate
kernel code examples sprang to mind.

If you don't want kernel examples (ie: AFS was a bad example), then
what about NetBSD's thread environment for their JAVA port?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.