Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:23:18 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        greg@lomis.com
Subject:   Re: re: libXExExt

>On Fri, Sep 05, 1997 at 01:18:19PM -0400, Brian McGovern wrote:
>> Where can I find this library.

>This looks like a typo to me, but I can't decide whether it's yours or
>something that got included in your system.  In any case, it's almost
>certainly looking for libXext.<mumble>.  It should be in
>/usr/X11R6/lib.

It appears to be a brain seize in the ports, then. fvwm wants it,
ddd wanted it... I've tried others, but don't remember what they were at
the moment. I linked libXext.<mumble> to libXExExt.<mumble>, and all is
now working fine. The ports set I'm working with was last weeks (round
about 9/4 or so) ports-current.

Oh, just compiled xpostit. It has -lXExExt in it, as well. I strongly suspect
its a good set of X applications. But, I'm willing to accept that my system
is screwed up, except they were all custom installs w/X right from the 2.2.2
CD.
	-Brian