Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:44:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      bush doctor <dervish@ikhala.tcimet.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xdm & xscreensaver

Hi all
Which mechanism is used to control access to the X server.  In particular
I want to run xscreensaver so that it runs while xdm is displaying the
login screen.  According to the xscreensaver man page one would need to
add the command "xscreensaver &" to the Xsetup file.  There must be more
to it because I get the following logged to my xdm-errors file:

AUDIT: Mon Jun 15 11:26:53 1998: 180 X: client 4 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0
0

Any help and/or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanxs ... =;-)

-- bush doctor