Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:32:31 -0400
From:      Robert Sexton <robert@kudra.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   A Call for Testers (wmacpibattery)

I've modified wmapm to work with acpi on -cuurent.  For those who
don't know, wmapm is a dockable battery monitor for Windowmaker
(Although it should run under any window manager)

Many thanks to Mike Smith for all the good work on ACPI, and to
Munehiro Matsuda, Takanori Watanabe, and Mitsuru IWASAKI, for the
sysctl support in dev/acpica/acpi_cmbat.c

I started doing a patch, and it turned into a rewrite.  After I
hacked out the linux /proc garbage, it got a lot smaller.  Then I
started removing unused variables, then I started commenting the
code, then I started untangling the twisted logic, then I cleaned
up the Makefile.  So 14 hours later its basically a whole new program,
based upon wmapm-3.1.

I'd appreciate any testers, especially those people with two battery
machines.  The software works well on my Thinkpad.  Much better than
apm ever did.   Hopefully the acpi standard means it will work
well on other machines.  Feedback is greatly appreciated.  Enjoy.

<http://www.kudra.com/rs/Software/wmacpibattery.tar.gz>;

I also wrote a program to to mine battery data with sysctl and format
it for use with rrdtool.  It sits in the background and quietly
gathers data.  It includes a script to setup the graphs
and give you pretty pictures.  Some assembly required.

<http://www.kudra.com/rs/Software/acpibatterymon.tar.gz>;

Long live sysctl(3).

--
Robert Sexton - robert@kudra.com, Cincinnati OH, USA
American individualism, much celebrated and cherished,  has developed without