Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:21:31 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "twig les" <twigles@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Incredibly slow network performance

Well, ping is the usual first line of diagnosis....
You're sure it's not a routing issue?

Many times I've had similar situations
and most usually it was that my gateway
or server(s) didn't realize who my client
was/where he was located any longer.

Entering him and his IP in their /etc/hosts
often did the trick.

KDK