Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:15:02 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        dick@tar.com, jplevyak@inktomi.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: flock + kernel threads bug

> No, this is not an issue of separate task and thread structures. You may
> have the same problem for two separate processes that share file descriptor
> table, and john's fix would not work for this case. The correct solution
> to this problem (in my opinion) is to clear all POSIX locks upon closure
> of a file descriptor, which requires we keep in the file descriptor table
> a list of procs that reference it.

Hmm.  We seem to need some better process/resource affinity tracking.
I've just recently been looking at some code that wants for a callout
on process exit; rather than adding yet more code to the process exit
path it'd be nice to have a callout list for process events (fork,
exit, etc.)

More to think about I guess.