Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   We win

	From http://www.slashdot.org/articles/98/10/01/106232.shtml we
read:

As of Tuesday morning, ftp.redhat.com has been running from the ISPCON
show floor in the Intel booth. We have a 20Mbs network pipe provided by
Intel and a Dell PowerEdge 2300 server. In just 24 hours we've done over
170G of data transferred to the Internet from that single server. The
server is a Dual P-II 400 with 1G of RAM. It also has 4x9G Seagate Cheetah
LVD drives running Linux software RAID 5 on the embedded Adaptec
controller. This machine simply *screams*. We had originally spec'ed two
machines, but we now simply use one of them as a backup.

	Gee.. and single cpu ftp.cdrom.com transfered ONLY 417 gig in one
day. Hmm.. 170G vs 417G :P Linux folks are our friends but we still have
the lead here.

-- Yan

I don't have the password .... + Jan Koum
But the path is chainlinked .. | Spelled Jan, pronounced Yan. There.
So if you've got the time .... | Web: http://www.best.com/~jkb
Set the tone to sync ......... + OS: http://www.FreeBSD.org