Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:55:55 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   waiting for online printer to go online

This printer was working with linux before I switched the machine
over.  It's an HP4+ going through the parallell port.  THere's a
zip drive being used as an extension to the cable.  I'm instaling
a new kernel for good measue, but I see that the base kernel
still has the initial printer established.  However, all I
ever get is

waiting for lp to become ready (offline?)
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    hawk       2    .cshrc                                592 bytes

THis printer is online, and it's connected.  Power-cycling and resetting
it seem to have no effect.

What do I do?

thanks

hawk